Friday, November 17, 2017

How Do You Find a Needle in a Haystack?

I take a deep breath. 
That was a bad idea. I feel like I just inhaled a tablespoon of dirt and I start to cough uncontrollably. 
My eyes are closed. I try to open them for a moment but I flutter them shut when something sharply pokes my retina. 
My feet are flat on the ground, weight evenly distributed between my legs for balance. I take another deep breath. Shit! Why do I keep doing that.
I slowly raise my hands up with my arms perfectly parallel to the ground. I begin to move them outward in a circular motion. I kind of feel like I'm doing breaststroke. But instead of water, I'm in a giant haystack. How did I end up here? No time for questions, need to find that needle. I start to move faster and inch my way through the stack. It's itchy. I hate it. But I must persist because this was the prompt I was given. I search high and low, far and wide.
My motivation is dropping as quickly as this rash is developing all over my body. So itchy. So tired. Ow! I look down but I can’t see through the thickness of the hay. I smile because I realize that I finally found the needle, but I frown because it’s stabbing through my pinky toe. 
It was uncomfortable, but I completed my task. All you need to find a needle in a haystack is a little perseverance and a lot of anti-itch cream. Ok now someone help me out of here, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment