Thursday, August 10, 2017

10 Weeks in NYC

I had the pleasure of working in NYC this summer as a content production intern at mcgarrybowen. I learned a lot about working, advertising, and living life in the real world. But who am I kidding- I'm here to keep you entertained. So here is a list of things I learned after 10 weeks in NYC, completely unrelated to my internship.

Manhattan is the actual entire island, not just the small area on the map that says "Manhattan."

You will never be deprived of falafel in NYC.

The more anxious you are in the backseat of a cab, the more likely your driver is to hit a pedestrian. (I actually created this correlation myself, but based off my stats [2 hits] I'd say it's pretty accurate.)

Not all of NYC looks like Times Square... who knew!

Kroger does not exist here & it's ok to get emotional when spending over $45 on groceries.

The more anxious you are about being in contact with a rat at the subway, the more likely a rat with the girth of a large eggplant will scurry over your feet. (Again, a correlation I invented, but can attest for...)

Walking around alone doesn't make you a creep, just a girl with a fitbit trying to reach her step goal!

If you are out for the day and need to pee more than you've ever had to pee before, chances are you won't find a bathroom.

Sometimes nothing solves your problems like a good frozen margarita.

You're literally never the weirdest person on the streets, no matter what you are doing/wearing/or holding. (And if you are... you probably wouldn't be reading my blog.)

Riding a bike, in fact, is not like riding a bike. (As in it didn't come back to me...like riding a bike.. ha.)

Scott Disick exists! I saw him! In Greenwich!

Bottomless brunch is the concept we didn't know we needed.

Money... money is a good thing to have.













No comments:

Post a Comment